Discover Lausanne with the Hôtel Elite
In the city centre
The Hôtel Elite welcomes you to the centre of Lausanne. Take advantage of this privileged location to visit the city.
For example, treat yourself to a day of shopping on Rue de Bourg, the main retail street in the capital of the Canton of Vaud. Just a few minutes' walk from our hotel, discover many different store types, restaurants, and cafés, etc.
Also, not far away, visit le Flon, Lausanne's trendy neighbourhood, which, over the past few years, has attracted fashion enthusiasts, artists, musicians, DJs and many more. Art galleries, cinema, restaurants, various brand names: there is no shortage of activities.
The history of the city is closely linked to the Olympic Games since it has played host to the IOC since the start of the 20th century, as well as the main institutions of the Olympic Movement.
To find out more about the sports identity of Lausanne and more about the Olympic spirit in general, visit the famous Olympic Museum, located in the Ouchy neighbourhood, not far from the Hôtel Elite.
Next to Lake Geneva, it is also possible to visit the Chemin du Sport, an enjoyable walk which will provide you with interesting facts about the Games' key dates.
From theHôtel Elite, you have access to many transport systems which will provide easy access around Lausanne, on the trail of its many tourism treasures. Furthermore, when you stay at the hotel, you benefit from a pass which allows you to puse Lausanne public transport free of charge (bus and metro M1 and M2). Therefore, be sure to visit Lausanne:
- Ouchy: neighbourhood on the banks of Lake Geneva, just a few minutes' walk from the Hôtel Elite. On the programme: walk along the quayside, stroll around the gardens (Elysée, Olympic Park, etc.), discover the Haldimand Tower, etc.
- Cruise on Lake Geneva: departures from Ouchy with the CGN
- Water sports on Lake Geneva: beaches, swimming pool, swimming, sailing, wakeboard, pedal boating, and more.
- Bel-Air Tower
- The Fondation de l’Hermitage
- The Cantonal Museum of Fine Arts
- The Elysée Museum
- Place de la Palud and its animated clock
- Notre-Dame Cathedral, a Gothic architectural gem, with new organs inaugurated in 2003
- The Lavaux vineyard: a UNESCO World Heritage site, these vineyards planted on terraces overlook Lake Geneva; to be visited on foot, by tourist train, etc.
- Lausanne Opera: near the hotel, concerts, ballets, lyrical works, and more.
- The Béjart Ballet: famous dance troupe based in Lausanne since 1987
- Vidy-Lausanne Theatre: an essential venue owing to the quality of its programme